We have now released 2 new builds of OpenWrt for Ci40!
- Creator Image - The Platform Support Image with additional packages + features for IoT applications. SoftAP mode is enabled by default.
- Platform Support Image - Standard OpenWrt with Ci40 platform support added (v1.0.1 - release notes)
There is also a new U-Boot bootloader available.
To upgrade, please follow the instructions on our docs page as the new bootloader is required to run these new builds due to image format changes.
Key additional packages in the Creator Image:
Awalwm2m - lwm2m package
- Info-daemon - an application to advertise device properties over lwm2m
- Onboarding-scripts - an application that adds luci pages to connect to Device Server
- Provisioning-daemon - an application that can be used to connect 6LoWPAN Clicker to Device Server (soon)
- Pickle - Allows the flashing of 6LoWPAN clicker via jumper cables from Ci40
- LetMeCreate - C library to make interaction with gpio/spi/i2c/pwm etc. simple
- Python3-LetMeCreate - python version of LetMeCreate
SoftAP means that Ci40 is broadcasting a WiFi network of it’s own by default. The Workshop 1 documentation covers connecting to this network.
You can disable it by adding ‘option disabled 1’ to the SoftAP section of /etc/config/wireless
Additional things to note
- The new bootloader can boot old images from NAND, but not from USB/SD
- Applications compiled using older SDKs may not work on the new builds. Simply recompile them using the new SDKs.
- The Workshops have been updated to take advantage of the Creator Image packages+features and Workshop 4 has been released on the docs website.
If you have any questions, please let us know!